The Sunny Lane Project

The Sunny Lane Project
May 2010

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

There are 3 guys busy with nail guns, drills and saws running around trying to make this place mostly ready for my annual New Years Day Hangover Brunch. We've been moving furniture in so there will be places to sit. The kitchen is functional. However, the boxes will still be packed. As my husband so lovingly said to me last night: Well, honey, 6 months ago we just wanted to be IN this house.
Perspective.

I spent the morning giving the dog a bath (always needed before we have company) and cleaning windows. If you've been reading from the beginning, you know that's a big job:





I'm only 1/2 way done. My arm needed a break.

There's been quite a bit of progress this week. The bedrooms have trim, the dining room has trim, the garbage disposal is in working order (though the sink is backing up - plumber just pulled in! YAY!), bathroom vanities are up, Scott's medicine cabinet is up, outlets are tested and re-worked to be wired properly, some of our rooms and closets have doors once again and we can almost park a car in the garage since we've moved so much in to the house. Enough words....pictures!

My bathroom vanity (sink coming today, I think):


Scott's medicine cabinet and (now) working sink:


New entry way light is up....let me remind you of the old one first:


And, the new one:


And, finally....my bathtub is bubbling and all lit up. As of today I have a bathroom door as well. I'll be in that puppy ASAP!


We are SO excited to invite people in to our home tomorrow. We may not have paint on the walls and our stuff might be in boxes.....but that just gives everyone something to look forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment